My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

28 January 2005

After 2 weeks...

Well, it's been 2 weeks now at Interkids Bilingual School in Bangkok..
And I'm still alive, but man.. teaching is hard work!!!

I'm starting to have a lot of respect for the teachers in my old school, because these kids might be difficult, but I remember from my school time that we were a lot worse than the kids here! We sent a couple of teachers home with nervous breakdowns each year, I don't think the students here would go so far. :)

It was quite difficult to get started, but now I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with teaching. It helps that all the other teachers here have just as much trouble controlling the students, at least it's not completely my fault that most classes end with all the kids running around screaming and fighting and playing. ;)

Luckily there are also a few students (and I really mean a few) who really are interested in learning English and who do seem to like and respect their teacher (me).. :) But most of them really don't care at all, they're not interested in learning anything and a few are so bad at English they can not even understand my instructions to the class.

All in all, it's very exhausting and I'm happy to get home each night and especially happy it's weekend now!!!
Anyway, this is just an internship for me, 2 months teaching at this school and then I get my certificate and after that I can try to find a nicer school, with better students, who will be interested in learning something...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Richard !

Prima naar je zin zo te zien ! Ik heb een specifieke vraag aan je namens een 3de partij :

Gezien de bijzondere omstandigheden van de enorme ramp in Aziƫ, zal de Forest-Wollebrandcross zich nu ook in gaan zetten voor de slachtoffers van de zeebeving. Wij zoeken directe bemiddeling en een persoonlijke link, zodat wij aan de donateurs later heel specifiek kunnen melden waar uw geld naar toe gegaan is. Net als bij de donaties voor de andere drie goede doelen, zal de Stichting Forest Wollebrandcross er op toezien dat ook in Aziƫ vooral de kinderen zullen profiteren van onze donatie. We denken hierbij aan de (her)bouw van scholen, een weeshuis of een kinderafdeling van een ziekenhuis.

Heb jij toevallig nog goede ideeen , contactpersonen of iets dergelijks ???

Groeten,

Roy Sonneveld (ex collega, NL)

10:59 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Hey Roy,

Hoe is het tegenwoordig bij CAIW?

Wat betreft je vraag, ik ken hier eigenlijk niemand met connecties in het zuiden (gelukkig maar, niemand heeft familie verloren), dus ik kan je niet verder helpen..

Groetjes,
Richard

10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Druk as always, zal ook niet minder worden denk ik :-) Zal je niet verbazen dat Petje inmiddels op jou plekkie zit en dat Samuel erbij is gekomen bij 2e Lijns. Verder ben ik er nog maar parttime, gezien ik binnen het bedrijf nog wat andere projecten doe (zie de site van Radio Westland).

Maargoed, gelukkig alles goed gelopen daar las ik al de afgelopen weken. Ja, we lezen nog af en toe hoor ;-) En zo te zien heb je nog geen seconden spijt !

8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home