My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

28 November 2004

Working, free or for money?

After four months in Thailand the time comes to start thinking about the future, since about my second week in Thailand I've had the feeling I would probably want to stay or anyway come back A.S.A.P. to Thailand after my time here is finished..
And this feeling has only gotten stronger and stronger these past months, of course after meeting Na this feeling has grown even more, but already before meeting her my mind was pretty much made up.

But of course living in Thailand is quite different from just visiting and travelling, first of all I will need a real paying job, which means a work permit and a non-immigrant visa. Because my area of expertise is IT that seems an obvious choice to start looking for work, unfortunately those jobs are not so easy to find, there are a lot of well educated Thai out there and of course they get most of the jobs.. so I will definately try to find an IT job (the salary is better), but at first I will probably have to take a job teaching English, there is a high demand and companies help you get a work permit and non-imm visa, so that is the easiest job to find for any English speaking Farang.
And actually I already had my first job interview on Friday, my girlfriend studies English at one of these schools and she just asked them if there were any vacancies and then took me to the headoffice to introduce myself. :)

So it's quite possible that soon I will be leaving Rayong and moving permanently to Bangkok... That will mean leaving the Neohumanist Foundation behind, but to be honest there hasn't been all that much to do here in Rayong in the first place. There are just three boys living here and they are actually old enough already to take care of themselves.

But anyway I will keep you all informed of any new developments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home