My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

10 October 2004

Rayong and beach

It's been quiet for a while, first of all because I've been quite busy and second because I've had a short beach holiday. ;)

The boys have school holiday this month and almost all of them have gone to visit friends of family, so I don't have much to do in the house, but I've been giving computer lessons to the local dentist, she is a friend of the foundation and helps to organize things and helps out with the kids sometimes.
She is 53 years old, but she is back at school learning some more new advanced techniques, and now she has to learn to use a computer, so I've been busy the past weeks teaching her every morning at her office between patients. :) In return, she treats me to new things to eat at every breakfast and lunch, so it's a very good deal I think.. I will even get to learn how to make some Thai dishes.

And there are more benefits to being friends with the local people, I mentioned last week I wanted to go on a short beach vacation near Rayong and asked her if she knew of a good place to go and within an hour she had arranged for me to stay at a resort run by a patient of hers on Ko Samet with a huge discount! :)
So I just came back yesterday from a three day stay on the paradise island of Ko Samet, in a luxury bungalow with aircon by the beach.. Sometimes life can be very good.

But now back to daily life, my dentist student will be in Bangkok most of next week, so it will be a very quiet week.. Actually my only duty outside of teaching is learning yoga at the moment, a very light schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home