My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

31 August 2004

A morning on the road

I've fallen a bit behind with my updates, so here is something from about three weeks ago..
It seemed like just another morning in Ban Sawangjai.. 5:30, I was waiting for the minivan to pick me up to go into town for pinat baat (see previous post) with the monks. The sun was just coming up when the van came along, the door swung open and rock music blasted out the car, I got in and the car sped away.
A few minutes later we were driving along some dirtroad, slaloming around the holes in the road, going about 100 km/h, Black Magic Woman by Santana coming from the stereo, driving into the sunrise, the sky all orange and purple when Born To Be Wild came along on the cd... That's when it hit me, how crazy and unimaginably strange life really is!
Here I was in Thailand, racing on a dirtroad, with Born To Be Wild blasting out the stereo, in a car full of monks.. while ahead of me the sun was coming up over the mountains, covered in rainforest and shrouded by mist...

There's just no describing the feeling of that morning, I felt like my head was about to explode from the strangeness of the situation..In short, the most incredible, wonderful morning I've ever experienced.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, you're experiencing things you'll never forget as long as you live. I'm happy for you!

BTW, I wouldn't have guessed that a minivan full of monks would be blasting out rock music, but maybe that's just me. ;)

Hugs,
Marjan

8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best things in life are free ... Take care,

Kathleen

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home