My Photo
Name:
Location: Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

28 July 2004

Back in Thailand

It hit me the moment I set a foot outside the airplane, a wall of hot, wet air! Yes this was most definately Thailand, in that moment a load of memories came back and everything just felt so right...

Of course after ten more steps I was in the cool of the airconditioned airport, but I was home. ;)  Then comes all the trouble of dealing with immigration officers, customs, finding my backpack, but even that all went so very smoothly this time.. And then comes the moment when you really step on Thai soil, when you leave the aircon and you really put on that warm, wet blanket.
Finding the airport bus to (infamous) Kao San Road was also easy, so 1,5 hour later (traffic was REALLY bad) I stepped of the bus and found quite a nice little guesthouse to stay in, my room is behind the kitchen, so every time I come back I have to walk through the kitchen.. it's great. :)

Haven't really done that much here yet, but that doesn't matter, anything you do here is different, exotic.. And I keep bumping into Japanese, which is quite funny when I greet them in Japanese, so we usually end up chatting for a bit.

I think I'll quit for now, more later.. I've already lost track of what day it is, but I think it will be Friday when I move on to my next destination, Ban Sawangjai Meditationcentre near Khao Yai Park..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home